Sweeten Your Springtime with Chilean Grapes
(NewsUSA) - Spring has finally sprung, and with it comes a blossoming of spring gatherings, Easter and Passover celebrations and other activities.
Fresh, juicy grapes are an easy, healthy snack, and Chilean grapes are ready to sweeten your springtime.
"The easiest way to eat grapes is just to rinse and eat fresh," says Karen Brux, managing director for the Chilean Fresh Fruit Association.
"No peeling, coring or cutting. Just rinse and go," she adds. Chilean grapes also score points with kids as a packable lunch or snack. Try mini kebabs with grapes and cheese cubes to add flavor and fun to any lunch box, Brux suggests.
There are so many easy ways to get creative with grapes:
- Boost your breakfast. Try grapes with granola, yogurt and honey to get your morning off to a sweet start.
- Make salads more satisfying. Cut grapes in half, and add to your favorite green or grain salads for some added crunch and juicy goodness.
- Sweeten up snack time. Mix fresh grapes with nuts and dark chocolate, or freeze them to get mini popsicles.
- Make savory more special. Chilean grapes add a unique twist when paired with goat cheese on a pizza, or as a crostini appetizer topping alongside prosciutto and basil.
- Dazzle your desserts. You can make a gorgeous grape tart with just a few ingredients: a store-bought crust, a mixture of mascarpone cheese, powdered sugar and whipping cream and fresh grapes for the topping. So simple, but it will look like you spent all day in the kitchen.
Grapes not only taste great, they are good for you, too! Grapes are a natural source of polyphenols, which help protect cell health and promote cell function. Grapes also are a good source of Vitamin K, which is vital for blood clotting and healthy bones. Finally, the resveratrol in grapes positively influences immune function. That's a whole bunch of healthy for 90 calories per 3/4 cup serving.
Visit fruitsfromchile.com for more tasty recipes, and look for grapes from Chile at your local retailer through early May.