Tips for Using Your iPhone for Business
(NewsUSA) - The Apple iPhone, one of the hottest smartphones on the market, has become an important tool for keeping mobile workers productive while providing freedom and flexibility away from the office.
Many mobile workers are leaving their laptops behind and conducting business right from the palm of their hand.
Here are some tips that can help you get the job done with an iPhone:
* Sync regularly. Think about every time you add a contact or an appointment to your iPhone. What if you lost that information? Syncing to your computer regularly can ensure that your information, including e-mails, is backed up and safeguarded should something happen. And while it only takes a few seconds to sync, replacing data could take hours.
* Stay productive. Need to view and edit a presentation or locate a document on another computer? Business applications such as LogMeIn Ignition for iPhone (www.LogMeIn.com/iPhone) enable iPhone users to access and work on their remote computers as if they were sitting right in front of them.
* Check the Apple Web site. There is an entire section on the Apple Web site dedicated to iPhone business use at www.apple.com/iphone/business/. It includes apps like currency converters, expense trackers, file management and organizational tools that can help you work efficiently while away from your desk.
* Extend your battery power. If you are gearing up for a long trip or meeting, preserve your battery life by shutting off your Wi-Fi, lowering your screen brightness and turning off your keyboard sounds. Switch your iPhone setting to auto-lock when you aren't working.
* Stay secure. Basic security measures like enabling your four-digit iPhone password can help protect sensitive data while minimizing the risk of high bills if it becomes lost or stolen. Always make sure to lock your device when it isn't in your hand.
For more tips on using your iPhone for business, check out "iPhone for Work" by freelance technology journalist and network consultant Ryan Faas, or "The iPhone Book: How to Do the Most Important, Useful & Fun Stuff with Your iPhone" by technology authors Scott Kelby and Terry White.
|Link to this article: Copy and paste the following code
|Embed this article:
Many mobile workers are staying productive and conducting business from their iPhone.